CARSEM CLARIFIES PATENT LITIGATION STATEMENTS
Press Contact: : Albert Law
VP of World Wide Sales and Marketing
Telephone Number: +60 5 3123333
Fax Number: +60 5 3125333
Email Address: email@example.com
Web site address: www.carsem.com
Scotts Valley, CA- November 29, 2004-Carsem, a leading provider of turnkey packaging and test services to the semiconductor industry, announced today that there appears to be some conflicting interpretations of the ITC ruling in the action that Amkor brought against Carsem.
The facts of the decision are as follows :
- There were a total of 21 claims asserted against Carsem. Every claim asserted against Carsem was found EITHER invalid, not infringed, or both.
- While it is true that there were 4 claims that were found to be infringed, those same 4 claims were found to be INVALID. As a result and by law, an invalid claim cannot be infringed.
- There were also 4 other, different claims that were found to be VALID claims but that Carsem was found to have NOT INFRINGED .
- The Administrative Law Judge determined that NO VIOLATION of Section 337 of the Tariff Act of 1930 was present. To be clear, this means that Carsem PREVAILED on all aspects of this case. As a result of this decision, there will be no injunction imposed on the importation of Carsem assembled MLP products into the United States.
On the request to have the full commission review the ruling; this is a logical step for either or both sides to take after the initial determination is issued and is almost a pre-requisite to the formal appeal process generally sought in the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit after the final ruling is issued by the Commission.
Carsem is a leading provider of turnkey packaging and test services to the semiconductor industry, and offers one of the widest ranges of package & test portfolios in the world. To meet the growing demands of the telecommunications and wireless markets for smaller, faster, thermally-efficient devices, Carsem’s portfolio includes several advanced technologies, such as the Micro Leadframe Package (MLP), Small Scale Ball Grid Array (SSBGA), Flip Chip On Leadframe (FCOL), and a SiP (System-in-Package) capability. Carsem also offers a full range of turnkey test services for RF, mixed-signal, linear, digital and power devices. Our factories maintain world-class quality standards having achieved SAC Level 1, ISO-9001, ISO-14001, QS-9000, TS16949 certifications, and are supported with a global network of sales and engineering support offices. Carsem is a member of the Hong Leong Group with factories located in Ipoh, Malaysia, Suzhou, China and sales offices across the USA, plus the UK. Carsem, Inc. sales headquarters is located at 269 Mt. Hermon Road, Suite 104, Scotts Valley, CA 95066, phone (831) 438-6861, fax (831) 438-6863, web site: www.carsem.com.
- Carsem Achieves ANSI-ESD S20.20 Certification
Posted on 20th February, 2013
- Carsem Suzhou’s Change of Address
Posted on 2nd January, 2013
- Carsem Receives International Rectifier’s Vendor Of The Year Award & OSAT Of The Year Award 2011
Posted on 3rd December, 2012
- Carsem’s Congratulates SiTime for its Lead on the Deloitte’s Fast 500 Award
Posted on 27th November, 2012
- Carsem sets up Sales Office in Japan
Posted on 9th November, 2012
- Carsem Announces New Vice President of Sales, North America
Posted on 15th October, 2012
- Carsem hosts the 35th IEEE CPMT International Electronics Manufacturing Technology Conference (IEMT 2012)
Posted on 3rd October, 2012
- Carsem announces today that the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit has reversed the U. S. International Trade Commission (ITC) decision in the ongoing patent litigation
Posted on 24th August, 2012
- Carsem Suzhou Receives Microsemi’s Outstanding Supplier Award
Posted on 22nd June, 2012
- Carsem Suzhou Granted The High Tech Enterprise Status
Posted on 26th May, 2012